Anyone is welcome to come along to our Sunday services and midweek events. Below is our Statement of Faith which is what we hold as a church and which we ask anyone wanting to become a church member to confirm they believe.
Statement of Faith
We believe these core doctrines which form the basis for our work and fellowship:
- There is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God is sovereign in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The Bible, as originally given, is the inspired and infallible Word of God. It is the supreme authority in all matters of belief and behaviour.
- Since the fall, the whole of humankind is sinful and guilty, so that everyone is subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, God’s incarnate Son, is fully God; he was born of a virgin; his humanity is real and sinless; he died on the cross, was raised bodily from death and is now reigning over heaven and earth.
- Sinful human beings are redeemed from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of their representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between them and God.
- Those who believe in Christ are pardoned all their sins and accepted in God’s sight only because of the righteousness of Christ credited to them; this justification is God’s act of undeserved mercy, received solely by trust in him and not by their own efforts.
- The Holy Spirit alone makes the work of Christ effective to individual sinners, enabling them to turn to God from their sin and to trust in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit lives in all those he has regenerated. He makes them increasingly Christlike in character and behaviour and gives them power for their witness in the world.
- The one holy universal church is the Body of Christ, to which all true believers belong.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return in person, to judge everyone, to execute God’s just condemnation on those who have not repented and to receive the redeemed to eternal glory.
Our ultimate purpose at Emmanuel Church Bramcote is to glorify God. We believe that we do this as we seek to…
- reach out – we want to tell everyone what God has done in Jesus.
- build up – we want to help one another grow in our relationship with God, so that we know Jesus better and prayerfully shape our lives in the light of his will.
- send out – we want to encourage and train every Christian to use their God-given gifts in his service, and to send people out to proclaim his word throughout the world and in their everyday lives.
Our Ministry Values
Emmanuel Church Bramcote is an evangelical church. Here are three values which underpin what we are about and which spell out our agenda as an evangelical church.
- the means of gospel ministry is the prayerful teaching of the Bible – it is as the Bible is taught in the power of the Spirit that God’s voice is heard.
- the heart of gospel ministry is the proclamation of Christ crucified – because the message of the cross is God’s way of saving people from his coming wrath.
- the focus for gospel ministry is the local church – believing that it is primarily through the local church that unbelievers are brought to faith in Christ and believers are built up in him.